Thursday 29 December 2011

forgiveness

I was told today that I can choose to forgive with either hate and resentment, or love and compassion. What a thought. That I could actually choose how I forgive someone. I have been working on my compassion, but maybe I need to work harder.


com·pas·sion

  [kuhm-pash-uhn]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who isstricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire toalleviate the suffering.

I definitely need to work harder. I need, maybe, to take a step back from this sorrow I feel, and realize that others are also feeling sorrow. Even, if they have caused me unmanagable pain and hurt, there is a time when I must forgive them. I will try to make a more conscience effort, to do so with love and compassion.


We will get through this, as long as we do so together. Though right now my world is shaken, it will not shatter, as long as I am being supported, and supporting the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment